Thursday 28 August 2014

Addisons first day at Nature Discovery

Nature Discovery offers our tamariki the opportunity to experience risk, challenge and a chance to push themselves out of their comfort zone.
Today was Addison's first day at Nature Discovery and she embraced all the challenges that faced her with courage.
Addison was fascinated by the eel we caught in Grayson's hinaki, at first she was a little reluctant to touch it but with a little encouragement gave it a go and much to her surprise she liked it!
 

Addison also gave abseiling a go, she told me she was scared and too frightened to try. I reassured her and said its good to feel fear but to be brave and just try. Addison did just that she made it all the way to the bottom and up again, once at the top she was a little shaky and sat with me. As I gave her a cuddle I could feel her heart beating hard and fast. I think sometimes its easy to forget just how scary and challenging some things are for the first time. I was so proud of Addison for finding her inner strength to push through her fear and accomplish the tasks she set for herself today and also the way her friends supported her during her 'scary' moments . I can see she will have a great journey with us on Nature Discovery.

Written by Cassandra
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment